What is Thumbnail?
Thumbnails are small clickable images, which a viewer clicks on, in order to view the video. They also show whenever you get to the end of a video. This usually depends on the settings. In most situations, 12 thumbnails will show on the screen, at the end of the video. These thumbnails entice viewers to view more videos, mostly featuring the same content. For example, if you are watching to see football highlights, at the end of the video, you will see thumbnails depicting football highlight videos.
Why You Need a Thumbnail
Apart from the content itself, a thumbnail is the most vital aspect in any YouTube video. A clear and great thumbnail can mean the difference between people clicking on a video or just scrolling past it to watch others.
YouTube is taking over traditional forms of marketing. More people are moving from plain text to videos. This means increased competition for your YouTube videos. With a great thumbnail, you can stand out from the competition.
Not everyone knows how to create a great thumbnail, leave alone its importance. Great YouTube thumbnails can increase your rank. When a great thumbnail draws many viewers to your channel, there is increased Watchtime on your video. Watchtime plays a very huge role, towards ranking of videos. It doesn’t matter how great your content is, if you it does attract many views, it is hard to see how it can move up the ranks.
If you were to choose between two videos using the same title, and one of them had a great custom thumbnail while the other one had an ugly thumbnail, you will definitely choose the one with a great-looking thumbnail. Therefore, invest in a great thumbnail and you will see your viewership numbers grow while moving up the ranks.
How to Download a Thumbnail
There are many YouTube videos out there, which have amazing thumbnails. You can download these images, and use them for your own practice. There are various tools available, which you can use to download these thumbnails. However, you can also achieve this, without using software or tools. If you want to download YouTube thumbnail, you only need to access the page source. Here is how to go about it.
– Open the YouTube video whose thumbnail you want to download on your browser. You can do this with any browser of your choice, including Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
– Point your cursor to a blank area on the video page.
– After that, right click on that area and then select View Page Source or View Source, depending on the browser you are using. You can also click CTRL + U on your keyboard, to obtain page source.
– Once you land on the View Source Page, conduct a search using CTRL + F and key in the phrase ‘og:image’. This brings up the thumbnail URL, and you should be able to see it clearly on the source page.
– You can then copy that URL directly to your browser and view then image or even download it if you wish.
– To download the YouTube thumbnail, just right click on it, and then click “Save Image As’. You can then give it any name you wish, and save it on your computer.
Keep Your Thumbnails Clean
After downloading the thumbnail, you need to keep it clean and clear, so that you can work with them to develop your own thumbnails. You can achieve this in various ways. For example, you can use a YouTube thumbnail downloader, which can help you to select the thumbnail quality that you want to download.
Apart from that, you should ensure that you save the thumbnail in your device, using the correct format. YouTube thumbnails are available in different resolutions. It is always advisable to download the highest resolution possible. This way, you will end up with a clear and clean thumbnail, which will be easy to work with.
It is clear that thumbnails play a huge role, towards the success of a YouTube video. A great thumbnail can attract a huge number of viewers on your YouTube channel, further increasing your rankings. Creating custom thumbnails is an easy process that you can learn within a few hours, using readily available thumbnails.